Thursday, April 05, 2007

Vang Vieng, Laos




Today I arrived in Vang Vieng, Laos. I rode a bike out to some caves in the lime stone cliffs across the river, the man at the end of the rice fields gave me a torch-- I clambered up to the top most cave--kind of dicey--went down to the chamber where it looked like there would be a pool during rainy season, I think I surprised a french boy and his girl who were probably enrapt by the rock formations, the french boy said hey want something crazy for your movie and he pointed out a spider on the ceiling big enough to smother my face.

2 Comments:

Blogger infiniti said...

that photo of the bicycle is so inviting. it makes one want to jump on it and cycle the hell out of dodge... dodge, laos. do you miss california? right now, a tune from the new shins album is playing on the radio. it's chockfull of obtuse lyrics.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Lola Moco said...

i cant' believe how beautiful it is there. it looks like a dream I had once. I can't frikin' believe you got to crawl through that statue's mouth. My first thought was: what if I was too chubby to fit thru - Vietnemese folks are small. My second thought was: you think with thinks like disneyland and vegas there'd be giant animal maws I could crawl through. Seeing the bike made me miss you like a stomach ache. In my mind's eye, you are a faun on wheels.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home