Thursday, April 05, 2007

Stoned is the way of the walk

I admit that since I've been in SE Asia, when I'm tired from walking in the afternoon heat, visiting temples and shopping malls, I gravitate towards a starbucks if there's one around, so maybe I understand crashing out on daybeds in bars in Vang Vieng, Laos, watching endless episodes of Friends and Simpsons (through the wall of the internet shop I can hear the theme song to Friends right now). Maybe they've all partaken of items off the happy menu or maybe after weeks of the runs and not getting laid in Laos, their western bubbles need reinforcing, maybe I'll stop by for a fruit shake and hope they're showing episodes before Chandler and Rachel got together, Simpson's episodes before the writing went to shit...

3 Comments:

Blogger infiniti said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:31 AM  
Blogger infiniti said...

i'm impressed. did your travels through laos really inspire you to summon cypress hill to mind? i think i have that cassette around somewhere (i'm dating myself). perhaps you were caught in a vortex of early 90's americana ("friends," cyrpress hill, and whenever the hell the simpson's got started... what 1967?).

9:32 AM  
Blogger JGLuzifer said...

Dude, that song was my freshman year, and maybe seeing motley hordes of young peoples walking down a street with multiple pizza parlours brought me back--also it was the only stoner reference I could think of

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home