Friday, March 23, 2007





src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjrKBLI1R8u3H_cQDB_88J1ggRJBHnxogclNz6PdmdmujA7tLi31Wq2ws3KDmmJUUNUHW7OMLz5jeOp270C8FKrfR0iEiowNRMxzwC8vr1RjnBOdsaQ3NPWTBOPIU4_wLNziKi7/s320/Thailand+011.jpg" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5045359992275093778" />

1) This is also sukothai for sure, note the sign posted in the lower right hand, telling people not to climb the pedestal, signifying this is probably a site frequented by many tourists, therefore I'm certain this is Sukothai, a farang favorite, while I was there saw some hulking shirtless white guy, looking like the gold's gym mascot, pose cross legged in front of a statue possibly this one, making his girlfriend take several pictures till she got it just right, the glint of the high noon sun off his wrinkled stubbly dome, tourists kill the buddha too, if unwittingly.
2) The top of Gold Mount in Bangkok
3) A really really big reclining Buddha, each of his toes seen at the end of the hall bigger than my big fat head. He is reclining because he is tired of sitting cross-legged, his back has been bothering him all week, he lost feeling in his ass who knows when, so he reclines, propping his big golden head on his slender golden fingers, with a bemused smile he thinks I could go back home any old time, pick up some fine young thing and rule the kingdom, but I think I'll stay right here and slum it for a little bit longer.
4) Buddhist monk descending steps of temple at Wat Ratchanaddaram. The dogs I have seen in the streets of Bangkok are either mangy and emaciated or morbidly obese, the latter hanging out by food stalls. All temples have dogs. What do you have to do to become a dog in the next life? I want to sprawl on the ground by a food stall, not move an inch all day, and have food laid down in front of me by passing strangers.
5) Enlightment at the end of a shadowy hallway at Wat Ratchanaddaram, the temple with the armada of metal spires, the whole thing like a big jungle gym, you climb a spiral stair case at it's center up to the top most tier and climb a set of outside stairs to the top most spire to find some sacred object in a caged room. At the level this photo was taken every cardinal direction had a buddha, very disorienting, when I went back down to the ground, it took me a while to find where I left my shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home